I’ve been waiting impatiently to see some unforgettable fashion moments at the 88th Academy Awards. Let’s say that there were no wow moments. Some did a good job by avoiding many fashion mistakes others, unfortunately, couldn’t help but commit. I’ve been waiting impatiently to see some unforgettable fashion moments at the 88th Academy Awards. Let’s say that there were no wow moments. Some did a good job by avoiding many fashion mistakes others, unfortunately, couldn’t help but commit.
- I’m not a fan of sequined dresses. But Naomi Watts in her navy Armani Privé looks like pure enchantment!
- Giuliana Rancic donned two perfect gowns: a gorgeous origami dress by Azzi & Osta and a flawless white dress with floral details from Georges Chakra
- Once is accidental, twice is coincidence, three times: it is definitely a fashion transformation! Oh yeah, Lady Gaga stuns in her custom made jumpsuit by Brandon Maxwell
- Although it may look crowded, Amy Poelher’s gown by Andrew GN couldn’t pass unnoticed! I love the wide sleeves and the embroideries, a perfect combination for a Japanese themed dress!
- I would have loved Daisy Ridley’s look by Chanel if her skirt was shorter
- I’ve been waiting for a dazzling look for Alicia Vikander whom surprised me until I saw the bottom of her dress which reminded me of bed sheets!
- She might have wowed you with the sexiness of her dress, but Rachel McAdams didn’t nail the perfect look. Her look is simple and… I thought we’ve had enough of Angelina Jolie’s look-alike prostatic legs!
- Some pregnant ladies know how to dazzle… Chrissy Teigen in Marchesa is unfortunately not one of them.
- Saoirse Ronan could use a piece of advice so she could dress her age
- Heidi Klum is more like a “poupée de chiffons” than a princess in her Marchesa dress
- I’ve always liked how Kate Winslet celebrated her body and opted for simple yet elegant looks. But her choice yesterday was a huge catastrophe. The Ralph Lauren dress she chose reminded me of garbage bags! Sorry Kate, it was definitely not your night…
- Ladies, ladies, the plunging neck is sexy but just don’t overdo it! And by that I mean Olivia Wilde in Valentino and Charlize Theron who could have bedazzled us in Dior if it wasn’t so simple (the color suits her perfectly but the look lacks some Oscar deserving glow)
- Reese Witherspoon might have chosen the right color, but she has fallen for the bad dress. Her Oscar de la Renta is boring. Unlike Tina Fey who donned the perfect dress by Versace and the perfect color!
You can check our live coverage of the red carpet & awards ceremony on the following hashtag: #CineTrotterAA